Where to Find Seed Funding in Singapore?Posted: March 30, 2012
Article Working in Progress
Recently this question came to my mind since I’ve working on a side project with my partner for several months and we’re thinking about ways to make the venture fulltime.
Most of the information I post here is from Google the internet and mainly for our own use. I can not guarantee they will be still valid or update to date when you see them. It’s the homework I did anyway.
There are many stages in Funding and this article focuses on the Seed Round (and for Internet/Mobile industry).
- Angel Den: I love their website since it provides a lot of useful information. More details than any other websites below. Look here and here.
- Golden Gate Ventures: in Plug-In@Blk71 area. Team of three which are quite friendly. They provide accelerator and seed funding program. Actually it’s their founder that replied my discuss about incubator providing salaries to founders in this post then I found the program. They just opened for application and looks cool!
- JFDI.Asia: A quite active incubator, need to know more abou it. The guys behin d it are well read
- BANSEA: Business Angel Network Southeast Asia, which holds event regularly.
- Tigris Capital: investor of PropertyGuru. The website is very similar to BAF Spectrum’s (see below).
- Neoteny Lab: An early stage fund focused on consumer Internet startups in Asia and the Middle East. The investor of Path, Viki and Tripvillas.
- Walden International:
- Finn Evdemon Capital Partners
- SPRING Singapore Approved Business Angel Funds: these funds also have a co-financing option with Spring SEEDs Fund
- SPRING Startup Enterprise Development Scheme (SPRING SEEDS): equity-based co-financing option with Spring Singapore approved Business Angel Funds
- Business Incubation Programmes from SMU
- Technology Enterprise Commercialisation Scheme (TECS)
- Technology Innovation Fund from CSIT
- National Research Foundation: I didn’t find any information from their website regarding seed funding anyway.
- iJam Incubators
- Athena Innobator
- Azione Capital
- Expara IDM Ventures
- FrontEdge Capital
- NUS Enterprise
- NTU Ventures
- Stream Global
- Thymos Capital
- http://plugandplaysingapore.com/ in Plug-In@Blk71 area.
- Friends and Family: I don’t recommend anyone about this choice unless the friends and family are rich and giving you money instead of considering it an investment.
If you are also seeking Seed Fund or want to know about venture captal investment, this book Venture Deals is highly recomended.